Exotic Leather Care
To craft your golf bag, CARATTO has painstakingly selected the leather. Every item is unique, and the small marks, variations in color and veins are natural elements and not imperfections. Each ennoblement consists of a large number of manual operations, and slight differences are the mark of the work of our leather goods artisans.
In order to preserve the quality of your golf bag, please follow these suggestions:
• Avoid contact with water, cosmetic products, perfumes and oily substances. If your bag enters into contact with water, clean it delicately with a soft tissue to absorb the liquid. Leave it to air dry away from sources of heat.
• Avoid any prolonged exposure to intense sources of light or heat.
• Take care not to scratch it against abrasive surfaces.
• Do not keep it in a wet, hot or unventilated area.
• Put it away in its protective dust cover. When you are not using it, make sure to provide it with the best possible preservation conditions: a temperate, dry environment away from light, preferably in its original box or dust cover.
• Waterproofing is key to protecting your favourite golf bag in the long run applying waterproofing spray for exotic leather. Avoid doing a wet clean or using polish of any kind. Not only does the spray protect the leather from moisture and dirt, it also provides necessary nutrients to the material.
Exotic leathers can be cleaned with a soft and dry cloth and then polished, in the direction of the scales, using a high quality colourless cream or 100% extra fine beeswax. We recommend that you avoid any cleansing cream or product that would deeply stain your product. These leathers are delicate and very sensitive to humidity. If at anytime they do come into contact with water, sponge them carefully with a soft absorbent cloth.